Considered “a gift from the gods”, the cocoa tree was very important in ancient culture. It was not only used as a ceremonial drink, but its seeds were also used as currency due to its economic value, in many parts of Mesoamerica, including Costa Rica.
This cocoa tour will introduce you to many aspects of chocolate, you will learn how to harvest, dry and grind cocoa. Then you will prepare a traditional chocolate drink.
See how the seeds are used to make the rich flavors we love today with a hands-on demonstration.
This tour includes an unlimited tasting of high quality organic chocolates.
• Duration of visit : 2 hours.
Included in our packs
• A tailor-made gourmet dinner for two people. Our dishes are homemade using mostly organic, local and seasonal raw ingredients and often include vegetables from the garden, artisan cheeses and French pastries.
• One night in a comfortable chalet with hot water, relaxation area and king size bed equipped with high-end bedding : bamboo or linen sheets, alpaca wool blanket.
• A breakfast for two people composed according to your desires of fresh fruit, artisan yogurt, sourdough bread, pancakes, butter and artisan jams, gallo pinto…
Pack for 2 people :
• Gourmet Dinner
• Night in a Chalet
• Visit of an Organic Cocoa finca with tasting